If you have had a C-section, there are many reasons that you may want to conceive again quickly, ranging from the biological clock in older couples, to the desire to have children close to the same age. You may have questions about getting pregnant. How soon is too soon? What will help you conceive more quickly?
Many women suffer post-partum symptoms such as depression after pregnancy, and rushing into a second pregnancy, with all the additional hormonal changes it brings, can be a bit risky. Besides the emotional stress, pregnancy and C-sections are hard on your body. If you conceive too soon you risk uterine rupture from not allowing your body time to heal properly. Your body needs time to heal; trying to conceive too quickly can seriously affect the health of you and your baby.
Understandably, though, some couples want to get pregnant again as soon as possible, for various, personal reasons. If that is the case, first make sure to consult with your physician and/or your OB-GYN. If you are healthy enough, obviously fertility treatment is an easy way to expedite the process; unfortunately, this is an extremely expensive route to choose, and is not feasible or practical for many couples. So if you are trying to experience a totally natural pregnancy, you may need tips for getting pregnant fast.
- Start taking vitamins, such as pre-natals, folic acid, and iron right away. Your body has been through the ringer already – you want to start this pregnancy as healthy as possible.
- Be aware of your cycle. It will take a while to get back to normal after the pregnancy and all the hormonal changes, but as soon as you can start taking notice of patterns in your cycle, you can better monitor ovulation to increase your chances of conceiving.
- Keep your lifestyle healthy and your stress levels low. This could sound crazy, since you just had your first child, but it’s important! Avoiding smoking, eating a balanced diet, and staying calm and relaxed make your body more apt to support a second conception
- Relax after sex. Positions (for relaxing, as well as sex positions) do not matter too much – keeping your feet in the air will not get a baby in you. Nevertheless, you should continue laying down for at least ten minutes after sex, to allow sperm to reach the cervix.
- Be positive and treat this journey as a wonderful experience with a great result at the end!